Email Source in Astera Centerprise enables users to retrieve data from emails and process the incoming email attachments.
Getting Email Source Object¶
In this section, we will cover how to get Email Source object onto the dataflow designer from the toolbox.
1. To get an Email Source from the Toolbox, go to Toolbox > Sources > Email Source. If you’re unable to see the toolbox, go to View > Toolbox or press Ctrl + Alt + X.
2. Drag-and-drop the Email Source object onto the designer.
You can see some built-in fields and an Attachments node.
Configuring the Email Source Object¶
1. Double-click on the header of the Email source object to go to the Properties window
A configuration window for Email Source will open up. The Email Connection screen is where you will specify the connection details.
2. If you have configured email settings before, you can access the configured settings from the drop-down list next to the Recent option*.* Otherwise, provide server settings for the mailing platform that you want to use. In this case, we are using Outlook server.
Test your connection by clicking on Test Connection, this will give you the option to send a test mail to the login email.
4. Click Next. This is the Email Source Properties screen. There are two important parts to this screen:
- Download attachment options
- Email reading options
5. Check the Download Attachments box if you want to download the contents of your email. Specify the directory where you want to save the email attachments, in the space next to Directory.
6. The second part of the Email Source Properties screen has the email reading options that you can work with to configure various settings.
- Read Unread Only – Check the option if you only want to process the unread emails.
- Mark Email as Read – Check the option if you want to mark the processed emails as read.
- Folder – From the drop-down list next to Folder, you can select the specific folder to watch for example, Inbox, Outbox, Sent Items etc.
- Filters - You can apply various filters to only process specific emails in the folder.
o From Filter: Filters out emails based on the sender’s email address
o Subject Filter: Filters out emails based on the text of the subject line
o Body Filter: Filters out emails based on the body text
7. Right-click on Email Source object’s header and select Preview Output from the context menu.
A Data Preview window will open up and will show you the preview of the extracted data.
Notice that output only contains emails from the email address specified in the Filter section.