Connecting to Vertica Database¶
Vertica is one of the fastest and scalable advanced analytics platform, trusted by data-driven enterprise across the globe. It is a column-oriented relational database, which means that the data is stored in columns instead of rows. This reduces the memory consumption and disk I/O. Vertica databases are designed to manage large and growing volumes of data and provide fast query performance when used for data warehouses and other query-intensive applications.
Astera Centerprise offers native connectivity to Vertica databases at both source and destination points. The connectivity also extends to other objects such as Database Lookup, SQL Statement Lookup in Transformations, SQL Script Task in a Workflow, Database Diff Processor and Slowly Changing Dimensions in Database Write Strategies.
In this article, we will learn to configure Vertica as a database in Astera Centerprise. We will be using the Database Table Source object to establish the connection with a Vertica database.
1. To configure the properties of a Database Table source, right-click on the object and select Properties.
2. A new window will open where you can configure the properties for Database Table source object.
3. On the Database connection window, select Vertica from the Data Providers drop-down list.
4. Provide the credentials to your Vertica user account.
5. Test Connection to make sure that your connection has been established with Vertica. When the connection is established, click Next.
The connection to Vertica database has been established successfully. You can now pick a table from the database and retrieve the data in your dataflow. To learn more about how to pick a table from a database source and specify other reading options, click here.
This concludes connecting to Vertica database in Astera Centerprise.