An EDI Acknowledgement task issues an acknowledgment notification to the sender when an EDI message is received.
To use an EDI acknowledgment task, drag and drop the EDI Acknowledgement object onto the workflow designer. Configure the object by right-clicking on the object’s header and selecting Properties from the context menu.
An EDI Acknowledgement Properties window opens as shown below. Here, we need to provide the following information:
- Partner Profile: This is the path to the .tpp extension file that governs the EDI exchange with a specific customer or vendor.
- Input File: This is the path to the .edi extension file that contains the EDI source file reader.
- Acknowledgement Settings-File Path: This is the output file path.
- Transaction Set: This is the acknowledgment that is being created, i.e.., a 997 or a 999, etc..
- Pretty Print: This adds a line break after each segment.
- Omit Byte Order Mark: Leaves out the first two bytes for UTF indicating the actual encoding for the rest of the file. (Note: Windows makes use of this, other systems might get confused by these two extra bytes.)
This concludes our discussion on the EDI Acknowledgement workflow task in Astera Centerprise.